Yeah, I did it. Teh STUPID project continues and now she’s rocking a sweet AK grip. I used a threaded wood insert to provide the anchor point and it seems to have worked well. In order to get it to fit, I used a 4 in hand file to remove some material from the top of the grip to make it mate up with the curvature of the wood stock. I haven’t shot it yet, but it feels really nice when I shoulder it and allows for a nicer, straight back trigger pull instead of pulling it up and backwards. Once I get the muzzle brake installed, I will then do the folding stock. I plan on using more threaded wood inserts to install that. Anyway, here are some new pictures of her:
Hopefully I will be able to hack the barrel on Tuesday, wish me luck.